Friday, April 24, 2009

I have a blog

While getting bombarded with the barrage of questions about what I've been doing with my time I told someone at a party this weekend that I "had a blog". Granted I've told this to a quite a few people in the past few months but mostly friends of mine who aren't judging me. As I was telling this almost stranger that I "had a blog" I realized what a total tool I am. Like who has a blog? Up until the minute this blog was created Aldous and I had no idea what a blog was. To set it up I googled "how to set up a blog". We used to throw the term around in meetings to prove we really had our fingers on the pulse of society but for all we knew a blog was the latest Trader Joes cookie offering. While we were working we probably would have curbed anyone who told us they had a blog but now its my main conversation piece at dinner. Unemployment has really changed me, next thing you know I'll be reading Wired magazine and using a Kindle -- yea right, I'll never be that much of a tool.

1 comment: