Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Eye pokes and kicks in the balls

I poked myself in the eye yesterday and it reminded me of being a kid for some reason. As I thought about it I realized that it's because throughout the single digit years two injuries alternate happening every other day - getting poked in the eye and hurting your balls. I'm not sure if it's P.E. class or recess or just people wanting to kick you in the balls but somehow both of those things happen all the time. I don't know if for girls it might be eye pokes and boob injuries, but probably not. Even if it was, it wouldn't be the same. I get the feeling a boob injury is as painful as popping a small zit. And it probably doesn't spread throughout your torso. So while I don't miss either injury I'd probably pick both over having to "grow up".

1 comment:

  1. ummm I've seen you get kicked in the balls a bunch of times over the past 2 years, a few times by me. I think the only recurring injuries sustained in adulthood are regret and disappointment.

    ReplyDelete