Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Stress of NOT Getting Laid Off

Will the people with jobs ever stop complaining?  Interesting article came out today about how people who still have jobs experience more stress than those who get laid off due to the constant threat of getting the ax. I noticed this the minute we got laid off.  We headed straight to the bar, laughing and enjoying ourselves but when all our still-employed co-workers showed up they never stopped bitching about how worried they were about 'being next', it almost ruined my buzz. The drunker I got the more I reminded them to stop thinking about themselves and focus on refilling my empty glasses. I mean, we're the ones everyone should be focusing on, and more importantly buying drinks for. We eventually bounced those losers so we could high-five and celebrate without being judged.

No comments:

Post a Comment